Iowa Soccer's coaching courses are open to members and non-members. Members are entitled to a discounted course fee. A member is any parent, coach, player or club volunteer/board member/administrator who in the current seasonal year (September through August) has participated within an Iowa Soccer member organization (namely, your club). Non-members are those who participate in a soccer club or league that is not a member of Iowa Soccer (YMCA or church league, for example). If you are unsure about your member status, visit our Member Directory page
to see if your organization or club is listed. If so, then you’re a member!
U06/08 and U10/12 Youth Modules
- Introduction and orientation to U06/08 and U10/12, including a philosophy of coaching, based largely upon the characteristics of those ages. Will also cover injuries, team administration, managing risk and the modified laws of the game. Also includes your participation in field sessions featuring age-appropriate activities. Time alloted for your questions as well.
- Iowa Soccer Member $20
- Non-member $30
- 18 hour course.
- Develop the core coaching competencies necessary to effectively teach the 9-12 year old athlete and team.
- Understand the charcteristics and needs of an athlete in the Basic Stage of our long term development model.
- Establish a foundation of knowledge and experience in order to proceed through the sequence of coaching development courses.
- Participants must succesfully complete both written and practical assessments to receive the E-License
- Iowa Soccer Member $85
- Non-member $100
- 36 hour course.
- Develop the core competencies necessary to effectively teach the13-14 year old athlete and team.
- Understand the characteristics and needs of an athlete in the Intermediate Stage or our long term athlete developmental model.
- Build on a foundation of knowledge and experience in order to proceed through the sequence of coaching development courses.
- Participants must successfully complete both written and practical coaching examinations to receive the State or National "D" License
- Iowa Soccer Member $140
- Non-member $160
Hosting a course not already offered
If existing offerings don't already accommodate the coaches in your community, you may request to host a course. Hosting requirements include assigning a person to coordinate an appropriately-sized outdoor or indoor facility, and who will publicize the course to your community. Please note that for the U06/08 and U10/12 Youth Modules and the E Certificate, a minimum of 15 participants is required; for the D License, the minimum is 20.
Contact Ian with your contact information, and indicate the course(s) you'd like to host and on what date(s).
Calendar and Registration