Navigating Covid-19 | Protocols, Guides, Resources
2020-2021 Winter/Indoor Season Announcements
- Effective December 11
- Effective December 1
- Effective November 19, 2020
- Iowa Soccer has suspended all in-person soccer activity for all youth and adult members. Virtual training/educational sessions are allowed. We expect to Return to Play December 1, 2020 with updated protocols for the conditions.
Winter 2020-2021 Guides, Resources
- American Association of Pediatrics (AAP) and a return to sports, wearing masks
- “Cloth face coverings have been shown to decrease transmission rates of SARS-CoV-2; therefore, the AAP encourages that athletes wear them at all times for group training, competition, and on the sidelines.” Further, they state, “Indoor sports bear a greater risk of transmission of SARS-CoV-2, and certain sports (eg. ice hockey) carry higher relative risk. The risks and benefits of indoor sports, in addition to the current community prevalence of COVID-19, should be carefully considered when making decisions about continuing or resuming indoor sports. If indoor sports take place, proper use of a cloth face covering for all indoor sports training and competition (except in the examples noted above) is strongly recommended.”
- Indoor facility assessment guide (as of 11.18.20)
Fall 2020 - #Reset2020
Data | Recent Studies Involving Soccer & Transmission
Fall 2020 Out of state tournaments and "Permission to Travel" (as of 8.21.20)
We have opened back up the function on "The Tournament Center" where teams request permission to travel to out of state tournaments.
- Note: travel is NOT permitted to any state or county in which the state soccer association has not currently sanctioned play. The "Permission to Travel" permits are an automated feature (found here) so if you apply for a permit to such a state or county, it will be automatically generated. HOWEVER, we will review each request and contact clubs/coaches if there is a concern about the destination and whether soccer there is currently sanctioned.
- If you are unsure, feel free to contact Executive Director Dan Cataldi (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to submitting your travel request