2020 D. Camp Information
Please read all details on this page and if you have additional questions, hit Ross
with an email! Registration (link at bottom of page so that you read all this important information...ahem...hint, hint...) opens at time 6:00am on Wednesday, February 12.
- Dates @ Grinnell College
GIRLS: July 25-28, 2020
BOYS: July 28-31,2020
- Birth Year Eligibility
- Birth years 2006, 2007, 2008
- A $75 deposit is included as part of the total $TBD camp fee and is non-refundable
- You may pay by credit/debit card or e-check at the time you register for D. Camp, or you may mail in your check after registering for D. Camp
- Birth year exceptions? NO!
This camp is organized by birth year and usually fills each year with players of the eligible birth years. As both sessions usually fill, I will not make an exception that will take away a spot for a player of an eligible birth year. I understand this may not be the answer you want to hear, but when your child is of the eligible birth years, he/she will be assured I will not give his/her spot to a player who is not.
2020 D. Camp Registration Advice - capacity is 180 for each session
In 2019, boys' and girls' camps filled in under 15 minutes.
If you know camp is a go, please don't delay registering. Campers are accepted as their registrations come in. After we reach 180 in a session, the registration system automatically takes wait-list reservations when you register; as cancelled reservations occur, the next in line on the wait-list is offered the opening.
Each year the number who get in off the wait-list is different and I may go through all wait-list names, or only a handful. If you make it on the wait-list, hang in there! I will go as late as the day before camp starts to fill a spot if an opening occurs.
If you hedge your bets and register while unsure, please keep in mind the $75 deposit is non-refundable (full refund policy detailed below).
Registration opens at time 6:00am on Wednesday, February 12.
If you have made a reservation or got on the wait-list in a prior year, you will simply need to use your login credentials to our "UltraCamp" camp reservation system
While D. Camp registration doesn't open until time 6:00am on Wednesday, February 12, you are able to update or set up your account at any time
Maximum registration: 180 per camp
- Each camp is capped at 180 campers.
- Birth year exceptions? Nope. Please refer to explanation above
Registration opens time 6:00am on Wednesday, February 12 and closes May 10 at 11:59pm. Birth year exceptions will not be made!
- Total camp fee is $375, which includes a $75 non-refundable deposit. The deposit is the minimum paid to be considered registered for camp.
- The online-only camp registration allows for different forms of payment: credit card, e-check, or mailing in your check within a week of registering online.
- In addition, the online camp registration system will allow you to set up installment payments on the date(s) of your choosing by credit card or e-check. You also have the option to pay any remaining balance by mailing your check payment.
- Balance is due on/by Friday, June 5, 2020.
- Please contact Ross right away if you want to inquire about a scholarship.
Please note the $75 deposit is non-refundable.
- Through June 5
- Refund of camp fee amount you paid, less the $75 deposit.
- If you only paid the $75 deposit, it is non-refundable.
- After June 5
- Refund of amount you paid, less the $75 deposit, only if
- a camper comes off the wait-list to take your child's spot, or
- if a wait-list camper does not (or there is no longer a wait-list), you find a camper to take your child's spot.
Roommate Requests -- don't submit until requested mid-June
- You will be contacted in mid-June -- after the balance dues are settled -- to submit your roommate request via an online form
- Only two campers to a room!
- Make sure you coordinate with the parent of your request, because...the stories I could tell...
Camp communication updates
- All camp communications go to you via email. Sometimes, though, emails bounce or get blocked.
- Communications will include
- Upon completing registration, an automatic confirmation of your camp registration, including the amount you paid.
- Automatic balance due reminders, if you have one.
- Roommate request email.
- Confirmation of dorm assignment, roommate and reminder to go to the D. Camp preparations web page to get ready for camp!
- If you did not pay the full camp fee upon first registering, your balance will be due Friday, June 5.
- After the balance due deadline has passed, I'll contact you via email for your roommate request.
- As camp gets closer, I'll send you another email confirming your roommate and the name of your dorm.
- Camp preparation details can be found on the D. Camp Preparation page.
Registration goes live @ time 6:00am on Wednesday, February 12