2013 Camp Changes & Details
- Changes from past D. Camps
- Due to decreasing demand on the girls' side, we have gone back to one session of three birth years for girls in 2013; this will now mirror the boys' camp offering.
- Birth year change: we are changing the birth years to one year older than in the past, so with the exception of 1998 girls, the birth year eligibility in 2013 will be the same as it was in 2012
- Boys' birth years
- 1999, 2000, 2001 -- 180 total campers
- Girls' birth years
- 1999, 2000, 2001 -- 180 total campers
- Birth year exceptions? NO!
- This camp is organized by birth year and usually fills each year with players of the eligible birth years. As both sessions usually fill, I will not make an exception that will take away a spot for a player of an eligible birth year. I understand this may not be the answer you want to hear, but when your child is of the eligible birth years, he/she will be assured I will not give his/her spot to a player who is not.
- After camp registration closes and if the session is not full, you may contact me about possible openings or birth year exceptions. I will keep a running total of registered campers on the D. Camp Registration page.
- 2013 Dates
- Boys' Camp: Wednesday, July 24 through Saturday, July 27
- Girls Camp: Saturday, July 27 through Tuesday, July 30
- 2013 Fees
- We return once again to the fantastic facilities (and food!) at Grinnell College
- Online-only camp registration opens March 1.
- Advice...if you know camp is a go, please don't delay registering. Campers are accepted as their registrations come in. After we reach 180 campers, I will keep a waitlist.
- Keep reading, I have a link to registration below!
Maximum registration: 180 per camp
- Each camp is capped at 180 campers.
- Once registration opens, I'll keep a running total of number of registrations here so you know how close camp is to being filled.
- If boys' camp doesn't fill with eligible birth years and you have a 2002 who is interested, contact me right away May 16 to discuss an exception.
- Registration update, May 17 @ 3:45pm
- 180 boys registered
- I'm now taking waitlist registrations and will consider birth year exceptions.
- I'll seek feedback from your son's coach before approving. Decision to accept largely based upon if your son is at the level (soccer and physical) to fit in with the older players and not be overwhelmed.
- 180 girls registered
- Waitlist is still open and will remain so until I indicate otherwise here
Registration opens March 1 and closes May 15 at Midnight. Birth year exceptions will not be made.
- Camp fee is $300 total, which includes a $75 deposit. The deposit is the minimum paid to be considered registered for camp.
- Please contact Jenny right away if you want to inquire about a scholarship or would be better served by setting up a payment plan.
- Through May 15
- Refund of camp fee amount you paid.
- May 16-July 1
- Refund of camp fee amount you paid only if a camper comes off the waitlist to take your child's spot, or if you find a child to take your spot.
- If your spot is not filled by a waitlist/other camper, your refund will be the camp fee amount you paid, less the deposit.
- after July 1
- Refund of camp fee you paid, less the deposit, only if a camper comes off the waitlist to take your spot, or if you find a child to take your spot.
- If your spot is not filled by a waitlist/other camper, there is no refund.
- Jenny will contact you mid-June, after the balance dues are settled, about submitting your roommate request
- Only two campers to a room!
Camp communication updates
- All camp communications go to you via email. Sometimes, though, emails bounce or get blocked.
- Jenny will keep a running list of the date and subject of communications here. If you think you missed one, email Jenny.
- Also please add email@example.com to your trusted senders list.
- If you did not pay the full camp fee upon first registering, your balance will be due Friday, June 7.
- After the balance due deadline has passed, I'll contact you via email for your roommate request.
- As camp gets closer, I'll send you another email confirming your roommate and the name of your dorm.
- Camp preparation details can be found on the D. Camp Preparation page.