D. Camp Registration
2014 D. Camp Information
Please read all details on this page and if you have additional questions, hit Jenny with an email!
- Dates @ Grinnell College
- Birth Year Eligibility
- Birth years 2000, 2001, 2002
- Birth year exceptions? NO!
This camp is organized by birth year and usually fills each year with players of the eligible birth years. As both sessions usually fill, I will not make an exception that will take away a spot for a player of an eligible birth year. I understand this may not be the answer you want to hear, but when your child is of the eligible birth years, he/she will be assured I will not give his/her spot to a player who is not.
After camp registration closes and if the session is not full, you may contact me about possible openings or birth year exceptions. I will keep a running total of registered campers below.
2014 D. Camp Registration
Maximum registration: 180 per camp
- Each camp is capped at 180 campers. Once registration opens, I'll keep a running total of number of registrations here so you know how close camp is to being filled.
- Birth year exceptions? Nope. Please refer to explanation above.
Camp Registration numbers, as of March 24, 8:20am
- Boys' Camp = 180/180
- now taking waitlist campers
- Girls' Camp = 180/180
- now taking waitlist campers
Registration opens February 17, 2014 and closes May 15 at Midnight. Birth year exceptions will not be made straight away!
- Total camp fee is $305, which includes a $75 non-refundable deposit. The deposit is the minimum paid to be considered registered for camp.
- The online-only camp registration allows for different forms of payment: credit card, e-check, or mailing in your check within a week of registering online.
- In addition, the online camp registration system will allow you to set up installment payments on the date(s) of your choosing by credit card or e-check. You also have the option to pay any remaining balance by mailing your check payment.
- Balance is due on/by Friday, June 6, 2014.
- Please contact Jenny right away if you want to inquire about a scholarship.
Please note the $75 deposit is non-refundable.
- Through June 6
- Refund of camp fee amount you paid, less the $75 deposit.
- If you only paid the $75 deposit, it is non-refundable.
- After June 6
- Refund of amount you paid, less the $75 deposit, only if
- a camper comes off the waitlist to take your child's spot, or
- if a waitlist camper does not (or there is no longer a waitlist), you find a camper to take your child's spot.
Roommate Requests -- don't submit until requested mid-June
- You will be contacted in mid-June -- after the balance dues are settled -- to submit your roommate request via an online form
- Only two campers to a room!
- Make sure you coordinate with the parent of your request, because...the stories I could tell...
Camp communication updates
- All camp communications go to you via email. Sometimes, though, emails bounce or get blocked.
- Communications will include
- Upon completing registration, an automatic confirmation of your camp registration, including the amount you paid.
- Automatic balance due reminders, if you have one.
- Roommate request email.
- Confirmation of dorm assignment, roommate and reminder to go to the D. Camp preparations webpage to get ready for camp!
- Jenny will keep a running list of the date and subject of communications here. If you think you missed one, email Jenny.
- Also please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your trusted senders list.
- If you did not pay the full camp fee upon first registering, your balance will be due Friday, June 6.
- After the balance due deadline has passed, I'll contact you via email for your roommate request.
- As camp gets closer, I'll send you another email confirming your roommate and the name of your dorm.
- Camp preparation details can be found on the D. Camp Preparation page.
Link goes live February 17!