2018 D. Camp Information
Please read all details on this page and if you have additional questions, hit Jenny with an email! Registration (link at bottom of page so that you read all this important information...ahem...hint, hint...) opens at 6:00am, Tuesday, February 13.
- Dates @ Grinnell College
July 21-24, 2018 - GIRLS
July 24-27, 2018 - BOYS
- Birth Year Eligibility
- Birth years 2004, 2005, 2006
- A $75 deposit is included as part of the total $350 camp fee and is non-refundable
- You may pay by credit/debit card or e-check at the time you register for D. Camp, or you may mail in your check after registering for D. Camp
- Birth year exceptions? NO!
This camp is organized by birth year and usually fills each year with players of the eligible birth years. As both sessions usually fill, I will not make an exception that will take away a spot for a player of an eligible birth year. I understand this may not be the answer you want to hear, but when your child is of the eligible birth years, he/she will be assured I will not give his/her spot to a player who is not.
After camp registration closes and if the session is not full, you may contact me about possible openings or birth year exceptions. Any exception will first be vetted with your club's director of coaching.
I will keep a running total of registered campers below.
2018 D. Camp Registration Advice - capacity is 180 for each session
In 2017, both camps hit their maximum capacity of 180 campers in less than 24 hours.
If you know camp is a go, please don't delay registering. Campers are accepted as their registrations come in. After we reach 180 in a session, we take waitlist reservations; as cancelled reservations occur, the next in line on the waitlist is offered the opening.
Each year the number who get in off the waitlist is different and I may go through all waitlist names, or only a handful. If you make it on the waitlist, hang in there! I will go as late as the day before camp starts to fill a spot if an opening occurs.
If you hedge your bets and register while unsure, please keep in mind the $75 deposit is non-refundable (full refund policy detailed below).
Registration opens February 13, 2018 at 6:00am
If you have made a reservation or got on the waitlist in a prior year, you will simply need to use your login credentials to our "UltraCamp" camp reservation system
If you are new to D. Camp, you'll have to create an account.
While D. Camp registration doesn't open until 6:00am February 13, you are able to update or set up your account at any time
Maximum registration: 180 per camp
- Each camp is capped at 180 campers. Once registration opens, I'll keep a running total of number of registrations here so you know how close camp is to being filled.
- Birth year exceptions? Nope. Please refer to explanation above
Registration update, 9:30am February 13
- Boys' session filled in just over an hour; taking waitlist reservations
- Girls' session filled in just over three hours; taking waitlist reservations
After D. Camps fill, you'll be able to register for the waitlist, so just follow the registration link (bottom of page). We always go into our waitlist, so don't be discouraged if that ends up being your only option! How deep on the list we go always varies, so I can't make guarantees; but each year kids on the waitlist get in as spots open.
Registration opens February 13, 2018 and closes May 11 at 11:59pm. Birth year exceptions will not be made straight away!
- Total camp fee is $350, which includes a $75 non-refundable deposit. The deposit is the minimum paid to be considered registered for camp.
- The online-only camp registration allows for different forms of payment: credit card, e-check, or mailing in your check within a week of registering online.
- In addition, the online camp registration system will allow you to set up installment payments on the date(s) of your choosing by credit card or e-check. You also have the option to pay any remaining balance by mailing your check payment.
- Balance is due on/by Friday, June 1, 2018
- Please contact Jenny right away if you want to inquire about a scholarship.
Please note the $75 deposit is non-refundable.
- Through June 1
- Refund of camp fee amount you paid, less the $75 deposit.
- If you only paid the $75 deposit, it is non-refundable.
- After June 1
- Refund of amount you paid, less the $75 deposit, only if
- a camper comes off the waitlist to take your child's spot, or
- if a waitlist camper does not (or there is no longer a waitlist), you find a camper to take your child's spot.
Roommate Requests -- don't submit until requested mid-June
- You will be contacted in mid-June -- after the balance dues are settled -- to submit your roommate request via an online form
- Only two campers to a room!
- Make sure you coordinate with the parent of your request, because...the stories I could tell...
Camp communication updates
- All camp communications go to you via email. Sometimes, though, emails bounce or get blocked.
- Communications will include
- Upon completing registration, an automatic confirmation of your camp registration, including the amount you paid.
- Automatic balance due reminders, if you have one.
- Roommate request email.
- Confirmation of dorm assignment, roommate and reminder to go to the D. Camp preparations webpage to get ready for camp!
- If you did not pay the full camp fee upon first registering, your balance will be due Friday, June 1.
- After the balance due deadline has passed, I'll contact you via email for your roommate request.
- As camp gets closer, I'll send you another email confirming your roommate and the name of your dorm.
- Camp preparation details can be found on the D. Camp Preparation page.
Registration goes live @ 6:00am February 13