Iowa Soccer Overview
Iowa Soccer is the future of soccer in Iowa. Our mission is to provide soccer opportunities as we aspire to make soccer the sport of choice in our state. We embrace collaboration, strong member relations, innovative thinking and technology to drive the growth of our sport as we serve our members. We are seeking motivated, passionate, skillful people who can think, create and work on a team.
Iowa Soccer is a growing State Association that looks for team members to grow with it. Iowa Soccer offers a competitive compensation package, casual and flexible work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional growth.
The Competitions Coordinator 2 (CC2) is a fulltime, salaried position that is responsible for the administration and execution of select and recreational-level programs and competitions. Duties include customer service, managing timelines and online registration processes, competitions scheduling, disciplinary actions, budget development, leading contracted staff and volunteers, and serving as onsite support for Iowa Soccer events. The CC2 will collaborate regularly with the Competitions Director, Technical Director and Director of Player Development. The CC2 reports to the Competitions Director.
Iowa Soccer League Commissioner for Select Division, 11U-12U Division, 9U-10U Academy Division
Tournament Director for Select Level
- Event Management (Pre, Post, Onsite)
- Online Registration Management
- Day to day program maintenance
- Rule and policy enforcement, compliance and development
- Budget development and management
Midwest Region State Representative for Select Level Competitions
- Support member clubs/teams as they extend their playing opportunities to regional and national levels.
- Attend mandatory meetings to ensure compliance across competition platforms
- Attend Regional and/or National competitions as a state representative and serve as the liaison between the region, tournament staff, and Iowa Soccer Association members.
- Develop and manage budgets, handle receivables
- Evaluate Iowa Soccer Bylaws, Rules and Policies, and all competition rules and policies on regular basis and develop/recommend changes or updates as needed
- Update content on Competitions Department webpages
- You can influence “other” or “additional” based upon skillset/interests, as long as primary responsibilities are executed well and on time
- Collaboration with Iowa Soccer’s Director of Competitions and Directors of Coaching and members in assessing program statuses and needs going forward so as to advance existing and develop new recreational programming.
- Liaison to accounting for billing and receivables
- Background in soccer and/or sports management/administration preferred, but not required
- Proven, positive leadership and management skills, including ability to attract, develop, motivate and retain staff and volunteers alike
- Track record of successfully implementing organization’s vision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Tech savvy and able to quickly learn and use new software
- Detail-oriented, with ability to manage multiple priorities at once
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with social media platforms
Working at Iowa Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at Iowa Soccer have the following attributes:
- Thrive under the pressure of a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Want to be a part of a team that achieves
- Exude a member-centric approach
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Embrace learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Able to be firm, but fair
- Passion for new technology and ability to determine ways to incorporate
- Open to criticism and do not make excuses
Start Date and Salary/Benefits
- Mid-December 2018
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience
- Benefits: health insurance, life insurance, short term disability, retirement plan, Section 125/FSA, paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick, compensatory)
Application Process and Timeline
- Job opening posted October 1, 2018
- Applications reviewed immediately and accepted through October 24, 2018
- Interviews completed by early November
- Submit cover letter, current resume and references via email with subject line “Competitions Coordinator 2” to Craig Winger at firstname.lastname@example.org