The Kohl's American Cup (KAC) is targeted to and intended for regular-season rosters. However, we understand that not all players or parents can commit to an entire weekend of soccer in early June. Allowing for up to three guest players is, in some cases, the difference in whether or not a team can enter KAC. You may use the Guest Player Allowance only AFTER you've asked all players on your team if they are available to play in KAC and some are not. Every attempt must be made to find guest players who are of like skill -- don't merely seek out 'ringers'.
In a past Kohl's American Cup event, it was confirmed that a coach abused the guest player allowance -- and the coach will not coach at a KAC event again. We rely on coaches to do the right thing and we conduct our own queries on the information provided below. Disregard for the requirements of the Allowance will be penalized accordingly.
Guest Player Allowance:
1) You have asked all members of your team to play and some cannot.
2) Up to three guest players are allowed and may only be Iowa Soccer-registered players.
3) Guest players must be Level 3 registered players (a.k.a. 'recreational') and cannot be classified also as Level 2 or Level 1.
4) Guest players do not need to be from your club, but must be currently registered with Iowa Soccer.
5) You must submit this form by TBA.. Any forms received after the deadline will not be accepted.
6) You are not permitted to submit a Guest Player form onsite, nor are you allowed to declare Guest Players onsite. No exceptions!
7) Regular-season maximum roster sizes apply.
8) Iowa Soccer officials will make the final determination on the eligibility of Guest Players.
The Guest Player Form is due TBA.
[Link not yet live -- Click here to access Guest Player Form]