The Kohl's American Cup (KAC) is targeted to and intended for regular-season rosters. If you need to add a Guest Player(s) in order for your team to enter, that is what the Allowance is designed for. We understand that not all players or parents can commit to a full weekend of soccer. And we know that some regular-season rosters barely have enough players to field a team and need subs in order to play in a tournament. You may use the Guest Player Allowance only AFTER
- You've asked all players on your team if they are available to play in KAC and some are not, or
- You have a small roster and would like to have extra players for substitution reasons.
Every attempt must be made to find guest players who are of like skill -- don't seek out 'ringers' -- that is not in the spirit of the Allowance.
REGULAR-SEASON MAXIMUM ROSTER SIZES STILL APPLY -- YOU MAY NOT ADD GUEST PLAYERS SUCH THAT IT TAKES YOUR ROSTER OVER THE ALLOWABLE MAXIMUM.
In a past Kohl's American Cup event, it was confirmed that a coach abused the guest player allowance -- and the coach will not coach at a KAC event again. We rely on coaches to do the right thing and we conduct our own queries on the information provided in your Guest Player Form. Disregard for the requirements or spirit of the Allowance will be penalized accordingly.
Guest Player Allowance:
1) You have asked all members of your team to play and some cannot. Or, you have a small roster and need guest players for subs.
2) Up to three guest players are allowed and may only be Iowa Soccer-registered players.
3) Guest players must be Level 3 registered players (a.k.a. 'recreational') and cannot be classified also as Level 2 or Level 1.
4) Guest players do not need to be from your club, but must be currently registered with Iowa Soccer.
5) You must submit this form by October 2 at 4pm. Any forms received after 4pm will not be accepted.
6) You are not permitted to submit a Guest Player form onsite, nor are you allowed to declare Guest Players onsite. No exceptions!
7) Regular-season maximum roster sizes apply.
8) Iowa Soccer officials will make the final determination on the eligibility of Guest Players.
The Guest Player Form is due by 8pm, Thursday, October 3.
Deadline has passed; contact Jenny immediately if issues because guest player eligibility is being processed Friday, October 4.
[Click here to access the Guest Player Form.]