The major sources of funding for Iowa Soccer are registration fees, user-fees from our programming and club affiliation fees.
- Registration Fees
- When a parent pays the club for their child to play, a small part of that fee covers what the club is obligated to forward to Iowa Soccer for those individual memberships. Sometimes included in the club's fee is the cost of the coach's registration, as some clubs choose to cover part or all of the fee for coaches.
- When adults join a league, a portion of their fee goes to Iowa Soccer.
- Fee charged to "user" for participation in specific Iowa Soccer programs, such as tournaments, an entry fee for a league, camps, the ODP program and so on.
- Club Affiliation Fee
- Each year our member youth clubs pay an affiliation fee which helps to cover a small portion of the cost of services provided to clubs.
Iowa Soccer has multiple different program budgets that staff are required to develop annually. The yearly evaluation of revenue against expenses ensures that user-fee programs cover their expenses and that overall programming, services and benefits are covered by membership fees.
- As per best practices of non-profit management Iowa Soccer has reserves which are built yearly from any remaining revenue.
Iowa Soccer's staff and board are committed to handling all dollars with care, putting them "to work". The result? Services, programming and benefits that align with our mission, and our members' needs.
Programs & Resources
- Member dollars have been invested in a variety of programming through the years: the development of sportsmanship programs; the creation and/or expansion of camp, tournament, academy and league opportunities; the creation and implementation of a risk-management program; the development of existing and new leagues; administrative and support services by staff for members; the promotion and celebration of annual award winners and Hall of Fame inductees are several examples.
- Now more than ever, insurance coverage is a critical factor for organizations and individuals. Iowa Soccer provides a member insurance program, covering participant accident, general liability and Directors and Officers. Member dollars cover the cost of premiums. In recent years Iowa Soccer has allied with other State Associations to leverage better rates for our members.
- Both online and in-person, coaching education is vital to the success of cultivating knowledgeable coaches who can make soccer fun, ultimately influencing players to keep playing (retention). Iowa Soccer has invested in this program to offer grassroots licensing for free.
- As members of three national organizations, US Youth Soccer, US Adult Soccer Association and US Soccer, Iowa Soccer and its members have access to a range of programming and services, which Iowa Soccer will keep out in front of its members.
Powering the Organizations
- Let's face it, in today's world there are certain "power tools" required in order to run your club or league -- tools such as insurance coverage, risk-management procedures and requirements, individual registration and data collection, member rules and policies and other paperwork. Some of the member dollars go directly toward covering the cost of those tools, which includes Iowa Soccer's support role in helping our member organizations run.
- As with members, Iowa Soccer has an array of power tools that need "juice" and member dollars also support the physical office, operational requirements and staff - the infrastructure.
Supporting soccer in the U.S.
- Iowa Soccer is an affiliate organization of US Youth Soccer, the US Adult Soccer Association and US Soccer, all of which collect affiliation fees from you -- through us. Your dollars are, therefore, put to work promoting opportunities for players ranging from youth to adult, recreational to national team caliber -- in other words, to support soccer in the United States!
|Annual Club Affiliation
|Player Transfer (applied to receiving club)
|Player Fee - Intro to Soccer Classification, 4U-8U age groups
|Player Fee - Recreational Classification, 9U-19U age groups
|Player Fee - Academy Classification, 9U-10U age groups
|Player Fee - Select Classification, 11U-19U age groups
|Player Fee - Adult Player
|Coaches and Club Personnel