US Youth Soccer | National League, Midwest Conference
The USYS National League - Midwest Conference (Formerly MRL) is one of 13 conferences under the US Youth Soccer National Leagues Program in the Multi-State Tier. The Conference features three tiers, Premier I, Premier II, and First Divisions to ensure highest level of meaningful competition among the Midwest. The Midwest Conference consists of teams primarily from Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Missouri, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Minnesota. The top teams in the Conference will earn advancement to the US Youth Soccer Regional Championships, part of the US Youth Soccer National Championship Series, as well as a chance to earn a coveted spot in the National Tier of the Leagues Program, the US Youth Soccer National League.
Midwest Conference Team Information Document:
Iowa Soccer -- Midwest Conference Selection Criteria
Our goal is to ensure we have the right teams placed in the right leagues/divisions to ensure there is appropriate match-ups from a player development perspective. The Midwest Conference is a US Youth Soccer league program and serves as an extension to our Iowa Soccer League. As determined by US Youth Soccer, any team wishing to participate in the Midwest Conference has to be approved by Iowa Soccer Association.
Our State Selection Process is based on the following:
13U Age Groups (beginning Spring 2020)
- 13U Division Selection criteria based on fall ISL Premier Division League games
- #1 - #4 Seeded teams will be approved per selection criteria.
14U-19U Age Groups
- 14U+ Division Selection criteria based on previous year NCS State Cup Performance
- #1 through #4 teams will be approved per selection criteria
- Teams outside of the top 4 may apply for Midwest Conference but must submit a request (see below) to play/compete a minimum of one (1) week prior to the registration deadline. All request will be considered and decided by the ISL League Commissioner in collaboration with the Iowa Soccer Technical Director who may also include the Player Development Advisory Panel or (PDAP) for additional insight.
USYS National League, Midwest Conference: Application to compete
Teams interested in competing must be approved by Iowa Soccer, per above selection criteria.
Conference Fees for the 2019/20 season will be $600 for all teams participating per season. This fee will be billed to the club after registration is complete and teams have been approved.
USYS National League, Midwest Conference Information
- The Team Application period to participate in the 2019 Fall Season 14U (Boys and Girls), Developmental B15U and G15U-19U will open May 29th, 2019 and close on June 26th, 2019.
- The Team Application period to participate in the 2020 Spring Season B15U through B19U and Developmental G15U age groups will open on or around July 26th, 2019 and close on August 30, 2019.
- The Team Application period to participate in the 2020 Spring Season 13U and 14U (Boys and Girls) age groups will open on or around October 14, 2019 and close on November 12th, 2019.
Iowa Soccer will share communication from both the National League and Regional League, league managers. Iowa Soccer will typically share via email important dates including, registration dates and deadlines, must play dates, and more. If you'd like to be added to this email distribution list, please contact our Competitions Director.
Club Directors and coaches who are interested in participating in national or regional league play must review the information on the league website, understand the commitment level of the league and be familiar expectations, rules, and more.
For more information on the league, visit league website: https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/midwest-conference/