USYS | National League Showcase Series & Midwest Conference
The US Youth Soccer Midwest Conference is one of 13 Conferences under the US Youth Soccer National League in the Multi-State Tier. The Midwest Conference or MWC consists of teams primarily from Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Missouri, Indiana, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, and Iowa. The top teams in the Conference will earn advancement to the US Youth Soccer Regional Championships, part of the US Youth Soccer National Championship Series. Midwest Conference teams also have a pathway to participate in the new National League Showcase Series.
USYS | Midwest Conference Webpage: [Click Here]
USYS | National League Webpage: [Click Here]
Iowa Soccer -- Midwest Conference Selection Criteria
The Midwest Conference is a US Youth Soccer program and serves as an extended pathway to our Iowa Soccer League, State League. As determined by US Youth Soccer, any team wishing to participate in the Midwest Conference has to be approved by Iowa Soccer Association (ISA).
Our goal is to ensure we have the right teams placed in the right leagues/divisions to ensure there is appropriate match-ups from a player development perspective.
Our State Selection Process is based on the following:
13U Age Groups (beginning Spring 2020)
- 13U Division Selection criteria will be based on fall league/tournament play results.
- #1 - #4 Seeded teams may be approved per selection criteria.
- Iowa Soccer may host a seeding call to discuss results and seed teams as needed.
14U-19U Age Groups
- 14U+ Division Selection criteria based on previous year NCS State Cup Performance
- #1 through #4 teams may be approved per selection criteria.
- Teams outside of the top 4 may apply for Midwest Conference but must submit a request (see below) to play/compete a minimum of one (1) week prior to the advertised registration deadline. All request will be considered and decided by the ISL League Commissioner in collaboration with the Iowa Soccer Technical Director.
Midwest Conference: Application to compete
Midwest Conference Information:
Teams interested in competing in MWC should always defer to the MWC website for all league detail: [Click Here]
Teams must be endorsed/approved by the state association in order to compete in MWC.
Conference Fees for the 2020/2021 season: $650.00 + $50.00 Admin Support Fee
This fee will be billed to the club after registration is complete and teams have been approved.
- The Team Application period to participate in the 2020 Fall Season: June 8 - July 5 (14U - 19U)
- The Team Application period to participate in the 2021 Spring Season: July 24 - August 28 (15U - 19U)
- The Team Application period to participate in the 2021 Spring Season: October 12 - November 9 (13U - 14U)
Iowa Soccer will share communication from both the National League and Regional League, league managers. Iowa Soccer will typically share via email important dates including, registration dates and deadlines, must play dates, and more. If you'd like to be added to this email distribution list, please contact our staff and request to be added to the MWC mailing list.