For the Fall 2018 College Soccer Season, the NCAA Men’s and Women’s Soccer Rules Committee and Playing Rules Oversight Panel approved changes which were largely administrative. Other key changes include:
• Rule 2.3 Exception 2 – retaking a Penalty Kick if the ball becomes defective,
• Rule 8.2.3 – stipulating that an own goal cannot be scored directly from the Kickoff, and
• A.R. 13.1.3.d – retaking an IFK if the Referee does not signal and the ball goes directly into the goal.
These changes were made in order to better align the NCAA Soccer Rules with the IFAB Laws of the Game and to make the verbiage consistent with the LOTG.
This Fall's revisions are described in detail on the 2018 Major Rules Changes for Men's and Women's Soccer summary sheet.
Rules Books are published every other year. The 97 page 2018 and 2019 NCAA Soccer Rules Book together with other key resources needed by referees who will be officiating NISOA matches for the 2018 Fall Season are located in Box in a NISOA folder. Additional information there includes:
• Rules Changes / Interpretations
• MISOA and GIC-NISOA Rules Meeting Information / Handouts
• Video Review on New DOGSO Carding
• Comparative Study of Rules and Laws
• 4th Official Guide / Match Form
• Overviews of Diagonal and Dual Systems of Control
• Assistant Referee Refresher
Visit the NISOA Website and the NISOA Central Hub in Arbiter for additional information to be posted throughout the College Season.