The US Youth Soccer Olympic Development program, often referred to as "ODP", is a nation-wide player identification and development program that has been in existence since 1977. The program is designed to identify and develop players of the highest caliber on a continuing and consistent basis in each state, the ultimate goal is to increase the success for the US National Teams. This is achieved through a strategic selection process beginning at the state level and progressing to the regional and national level.
Iowa Olympic Development Program is divided into two phases. In 2020-2021, players born in 2009, 2008, 2007 (12u, 13u, 14u) will come under the Development Phase of our pathway.
Development Phase Info Video - Coming Soon
Iowa Olympic Development Program is divided into two phases. In 2020-2021, players born in 2006, 2005, 2004/ 2003 (15u, 16u, 17u/ 18u) will come under the Identification Phase of our pathway.
Identification Phase Info Video - Coming Soon
What are the benefits of participation?
- Train, develop and perform with the best players in the State of Iowa.
- High quality instruction from nationally licensed coaches.
- High quality competition against other state association teams.
- Gain exposure to regional and national team coaches.
- Opportunity to represent one's state, region, or country in competition.
- Exposure to college coaches at all levels.
Who is eligible?
Any soccer player is eligible for consideration provided that he or she meets the age requirement for the established age group.