Recertify & Register
Each year in order to be eligible as a U.S. Soccer Referee, you must recertify and register. Recertifying ensures you are up-to-date on any changes and/or points of emphasis. Registration means you are current with your fees and have a current badge.
- The Iowa Referee Committee (IRC) Registrar, Tyler Turner, has OPENED the 2022 Recertification & Registration Window with US Soccer for all Iowa Referees, Assessors, Assignors, and Instructors.
- U.S. Soccer's 2022 registration year began on July 1, 2021.
- Iowa is a Learning Center state which means recertification and registration is completed through the U.S. Soccer Learning Center.
If you did not register for 2021 but were registered in 2019 and/or 2020 and want to re-register, you must complete the applicable recertification module(s).
Recertification module links
To begin any of the recertification modules listed below
- Click on the module link, then login to the Learning Center, and select Course Timeline to view the assignments.
- If you are renewing multiple licenses, you only have to complete a common assignment once, e.g., Intro to Safety. Click on the recertification module that corresponds to your most recent license to recertify and register.
Grassroots Referee/Árbitro de Base, curso en español
The Grassroots Assignor module is a new curriculum developed by U.S. Soccer and is by invitation only. If you need to recertify as an Assignor or want to become an Assignor, contact the State Director of Assignment, Lou Agocs.
Regional Emeritus Referee
If you now satisfy the requirements to register as an Regional Emeritus Referee for the first time, contact the State Director of Assessment (SDA), Lance Mesman.
Laws of the Game Update for 2021-22
A less than 30 minute slide presentation.
These 4 assignments can also be found under SUPPLEMENTAL COURSES in the US Soccer Learning Center (shown left):
- Using Google Chrome (recommended), go to the Learning Center and login
- Hover over COURSES
- Click on AVAILABLE COURSES
- Select SUPPLEMENTAL COURSES
- Click on one of the assignments to begin. Once you've completed it, be sure to click on SUBMIT in order to receive credit.
License Suspension: You are responsible for keeping these certifications current. If you let them expire, your license(s) will be suspended until you renew. You should receive e-Mail notification from the Learning Center when an expiration date is near.
In order to respond more quickly to your Learning Center and Recertification & Registration questions this cycle, the Iowa Referee Committee (IRC) has implemented a HelpDesk for Iowa Referees, Assessors, Assignors, and Instructors. Se habla español. If you have a question, send an email to:
- If you have questions about the 2022 Recertification / Registration process, e-Mail the SDI, Alec Clark.
- Badges are mailed by Official Sports monthly.
- If you have questions or concerns regarding your Learning Center Profile, Background Check, or status of your registration, e-Mail U.S. Soccer at firstname.lastname@example.org.