the nuts & bolts
Our member services staff’s focus is to help club leaders and administrators unlock their club’s potential by providing our professional support services, by simplifying and streamlining administrative processes, and by developing and sharing best practices.
registration and rostering
Registration of youth players, teams and coaches occurs at the club level, so that is where those individuals and groups start the registration process. Clubs then work with Iowa Soccer through the online registration system to verify and approve registrations. Club registrars have direct contact with Iowa Soccer, so if you have questions about the process, transfers, player cards, rosters, etc…start by contacting your club’s registrar.
- Registration age brackets chart
- Birth Year Registration WHY: Consult the U.S. Soccer Player Development Initiatives document
- Multiple Roster Form
- Player Loan Form
- Importing data fee
- If a club wishes to import its registration data, it will be charged an import fee of 65 cents per record imported into the state’s Demosphere platform.
- Clubs will be invoiced at the next billing cycle for all imported players.
Tournament travel permit
If your team is traveling out of state to a tournament, you will need travel papers.
All players are required to have at minimum the Iowa Soccer Required Waiver of Liability (below) signed by a parent/guardian and on file with the player’s club. Iowa Soccer’s recommendation is that all clubs use the USYS Medical Release waiver (also below) as this includes both the Iowa Soccer Waiver of Liability and pertinent player medical information.
- REQUIRED minimum Iowa Soccer Medical Waiver
- Demosphere clubs automatically have this waiver within registration
- For clubs that do not use Demosphere, registrars/administrators will need to do one of the two following options:
- Insert language into their online registration waivers for parent/guardians to accept
- Collect and store signed, hard copies of this waiver (or the USYS Medical Release Waiver below)
- or, RECOMMENDED to use USYS Medical Waiver Release to fulfill all requirements and recommendations
- This may be used in place of the required waiver of liability as it includes the required language that must be accepted by every player’s parent/guardian and pertinent medical information.
- Demosphere clubs have option of using this form within online registration. Reach out for support.