The Iowa Soccer Referee Academy is designed for youth referees who desire additional training and advancement. It’s a residential experience, held on the campus of Grinnell College, with a sessions for 12 boys and 12 girls.
The Academy is divided into two 2.5-day segments, one for the boys and one for the girls. The program utilizes licensed Referee coaches and volunteer chaperones who meet Iowa Soccer Risk Management protocols. It is held in conjunction with our annual D. Camp.
Referee Academy Details
The Iowa Soccer Referee Academy includes daily training with fitness, video, and drills specific to developing referees. The focus is on matching functional aspects such as positioning, signals, player management, and foul identification and selection. Included classroom sessions offer opportunities for learning, discussion, and debate with experienced instructors.
- Held at Grinnell College
- Boys Session: July 22-25, 2023
- Girls’ Session: July 25-28, 2023
- Eligible birth years: 2006, 2007, 2008. 2009, 2010
- The Academy is limited to 12 spots for each session (12 boys, 12 girls).
- There is no fee for accepted academy participants.
- Opens: April 17, 2023
- Closes: May 5, 2023
- Spond Registration Tool
- If an existing Spond user, click on “I’m a guardian, signing up a child.”
- If new to Spond, select option to get “one-time code” emailed to you. Once you receive code, enter it as the password and you’ll be redirected to registration page.